Make Money Blogging Online
There are five (5) key steps that you need to do to make money blogging online.
The short answer to these key steps are:
- Create A Website To Blog On
- Select a niche or topic to talk about
- Get visitors to read your blog post or website information (this is called “traffic”)
- Inspire your visitors to do something on your website. Things like leave a comment, bookmark your website, subscribe to get your updates or share the information with friends.
- Set up multiple income streams based on the type of traffic that you attract or the products / services that you talk about the most.
If you would like to learn how to make a website that makes money TODAY, please click here and get started with some free training ASAP!
Step #1 Create A Website to Blog on
One of the most popular ways to make money on line is by starting a “blog”.
Ok so lets look at what the definition of a blog is.
So a blog is just a “web log” put out by one or more people on a single topic (niche) that they update regularly.
This is great to know.
So now we know that
- step 1 is to create a website that will store and publish the information that we produce and
- step 2 we need to pick a topic (niche) to produce information on.
If you would like to learn how to create free WordPress based website with FREE hosting please click on this link.
Free 30 Second Website Challenge
The WordPress website could have you up and running on the internet in as little as 30 seconds! Yes really.
I was pretty slow by these standards, it took me around 2-3 minutes to create my first basic fully operational website. How close can you get to 30 seconds?
Take the challenge today and then leave a comment in “comments” section at the end of the post to let us know how long it took you to create your first basic website.
If you would prefer to see a step by step tutorial on how to make a WordPress website for FREE, please click here.
Step #2 Select a niche or topic to talk about
Step Two is about picking a topic (niche) and creating content that reflects this niche.
It is best to write about a topic that you really care about.
Why I hear you asking? Because you will be creating regular content updates and responding to visitor feedback. If the topic is not one that you really enjoy talking about, then you will run out of things to say and stop blogging entirely.
That’s why it’s best to pick topic that you enjoy talking about.
For more tips and suggestions on how to choose a niche, please click here.
Step #3 Get Visitors To Visit Your Website and Read Your Blog Post (Website Traffic)
After you have done all the hard work by creating a wonderful blog post and then getting it published, the next step is getting people to read it.
This is actually one of the hardest parts of this whole process.
There are a number of ways to get visitors to come to your website including:
The #1 way to get traffic to your website is by selecting great keywords to use as your heading.
This will lead to better targeted search results in Google and Bing / Yahoo.
So as an example, if I was selling Chopsticks then a suitable heading would involve the words “Best Chopsticks”.
The thing to remember here is to “think like your audience“. How does your audience search for that keyword or What do they want to know about that keyword? This will help you immensely.
The method used to maximise the chance of your post being picked up in the search engines is called “On-Page SEO”.
If you would like more information regarding help with On-page SEO, please click on this link.
For more ideas about content creation and how to attract more traffic, please feel free to click on this link to see a 15 minute step by step video. The speaker is Kyle from Wealthy Affiliate.
Another way to get visitors to your website is through Social Media Accounts.
By creating social media accounts and then posting the content to those accounts more and more people will become aware of your blog posts and your websites.
- The top four (4) accounts that I recommend are:
- 1) Google Plus
- 2) Facebook and
- 3) Pinterest
- 4) The next account that I recommend is something “niche specific”. Do a google search for internet forums relating to your niche and then try and get a feel for any social media platform that your niche uses more than any other platform. At the of writing it was said that there were 1000+ social media platforms operating across a wide range of niches and performing different functions. When you find one that people in your niche like to visit, open an account on that platform and add your content there.
- If you get stuck and can’t think of a great choice for the 4th platform, then simply open a Twitter account. You can always add a fifth (5th) platform later.
Step #4 Inspire your visitors to do something on your website
On of the keys to on-going success online is visitor engagement.
This is a fancy way of saying, “Get Your Visitor To Do Something”. This is the best way to make your website MEAN something to your visitor.
It could be as simple as inviting your visitor to leave a comment at the bottom of your post. You could use the sentence “if you enjoyed this post or if you have any additional comments or suggestions please feel free to leave them in the comment section below”.
See what I did there – All comments are welcome, so yes please!!
Other things you could get your website visitors to include:
- Bookmarking your website, so they can easily come back again later.
- Share your website via social media.
- For example, on this website I have downloaded a social media sharing application (“plug-in”) that lets visitors share this information quickly and easily.
- Subscribe to your newsletter for updates.
- For example, on this website I could download a newsletter subscription form that would allow members to know when a new post is available.
Step #5 Set up multiple income streams based on the type of traffic that you attract or the products / services that you recommend.
The final step is the one that interests most people.
It is HOW do you Make Money Blogging Online?
There are actually a list of ways that you can make money online from blogging. The main differences really depend on your style of blogging and also the types of products / services that you recommend.
- Selling your products or services directly via a website on the internet.
- Selling other peoples products or services via an affiliate service (also called “Affiliate Marketing“). The most well known of this is the Amazon Affiliates program from Amazon.com
- Google Adsense. If your traffic volumes are large enough, then you can earn money for advertising space on your website. You earn money when the advertisement is displayed. The advantage here is that the visitor doesn’t have to click on anything for you to receive money.
- Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising (also called Pay Per Action, PPA). If your traffic volumes are large enough, then you can earn money every time someone clicks on a banner advertisement on your website. The difference here is that the visitor must do something in order for you to receive money.
- Social Media. Companies are willing to pay for bloggers to talk about their products and services.
- Fee for Service Blogging. When you get good at blogging there are may services who will pay a fee to outsource blogging to writers. It would be nice to be paid for doing what you love.
These are only a few of the options available to you to choose from.
If you want to learn how to make a website that makes money please click here.
Was this article on make money blogging online useful. Did this article help you with any ideas about make money blogging online? Do you have any more ideas or would you like to see some other content? Have you tried any of these methods previously? Did they work, did they not work? Please feel free to leave your thoughts comments and suggestions in the comments below.
Please feel free to follow us on Social Media